The Research Assistant certification is the highest achievement a student at Conservation Diver can attain. It signifies a level of dedication and passion for research and conservation efforts and is awarded to those who have dedicated their time and effort to become a valued team member of one of our Training Centers.
This is not a course in the traditional sense but represents the awards status given to our high achieving interns.
- In order to apply for a Research Assistant internship, you must have completed the majority of the student level courses at Conservation Diver or have the equivalent practical fields skills to conduct such research
- Indirectly supervise new students during the restoration and research diving activities
- Prepare conservation equipment for the day (ie. slates, pencils, tools, reels, etc)
- Encourage productive discussion during group activities
- Assist on the dive boat with equipment set-up and perform a pre-dive safety checks and carried out by divers
- Help to clean and put away the equipment after the dive
- Enter data collected
- Assist with after dive activities, including but not limited to: artificial reef construction, cleaning
- Manage beach clean up programs
- Complete an independent conservation or research initiative which includes written report or presentation
- Work Experience within a dynamic and innovative conservation team helping to deliver core initiatives and develop research and conservation outputs
- Personal mentorship with a Conservation Diver instructor
- Marine science development with our research staff, training you in the skills necessary to conduct future conservation programs and scientificpublications
- Research honors, or graduate thesis development and writing assistance
- College credit (if applicable)
- Full access to Conservation Divers database.
- Letter of recommendation, reference for CV, etc
- Career development assistance
In order to apply for a place on this program you must submit the Research Assistant Evaluation form to one of our participating Training Centers: