Conservation Diver is not only dedicated to to giving you the best training and skill development, we also want to help you find jobs in marine conservation.
We often have part-time and full time positions available at our increasing number of training centers, or occasionally post about opportunities from others. Check back often to see what is available in the world of marine science, protection, and restoration.
Conservation Diver Career Location: Gili Air (Indonesia)
Position Title: Lead Conservation Diver Trainer
When: August 2022
We are seeking a motivated individuals to integrate into the Conservation Diver Indonesia Program at Blue Marlin Divers. The chosen candidate will be responsible for managing and overseeing the daily activities at the center. Candidates should be well versed in our courses, and have prior experience conducting and teaching them. If chosen, your main role would be to implement and facilitate the teaching of our courses and overseeing the ongoing projects on Gili Air, Indonesia.
The selected candidate would be working alongside one of our Master Trainers, with the understanding that they may become the primary program manager within a short time period.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Teach Conservation Diver Courses
- Lead dives and facilitate students learning the course skills
- Manage and oversee the ongoing Ecological Monitoring Program data collection and analysis
- Design, build, deploy, and maintain artificial reefs and coral nurseries
- Collect data on projects and compile reports for local governments and for Conservation Diver
- Oversee other departments at the center, including marketing, outreach, and accounting
- Coordinate with the dive center to ensure the smooth operation of courses regarding boat schedule sand logistics
- Manage bookings ans student emails
- Schedule daily diving activities
- Mentor interns and graduate students
- Produce reports for Conservation Diver and possibly articles for scientific publication
Selected candidate will work based on course commissions, based on a percentage of each student or intern course conducted.
- Minimum Dive Master certification, or equivalent, Instructor level preferred
- Minimum 30 dives as dive leader
- Proficiency in the majority of Conservation Diver courses, with experience conducting them within the Indo-Pacific
- Conservation Diver Trainer Certification
- Completed internship with Conservation Diver
- Proficient in English
- Managerial skills, with previous experience working in leadership and managerial positions
- Ability to work independently and desire to take initiative
- Coral Reef Ecology
- Ecological Monitoring Program
- Coral Taxonomy and Identification
- Coral Nurseries Theory and Techniques
- Artificial Reefs Theory and Techniques
- Advanced Ecological Monitoring Program
- Coral disease and compromised health monitoring
- Advanced Monitoring Techniques
- Nudibranch Ecology and ID
- Seahorse Ecology and ID
- Work Visa: Initially covered by the dive centre, and once settled ~USD$100 per month
- Housing costs: 2-3 million rupiah monthly (USD $130 – 200 per month)
- Food: Restaurants scattered around the island + grocery stores for basic needs, food, toiletries, medical needs etc.
Please provide your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by the 10th of July 2022. We will get back to you by the 20th of July 2022.
We currently do not have any other jobs in marine conservation available at the moment, But check back often to see what new posts have been made.
If you or your dive center are interested in becoming a Conservation Diver center, or you want to partake in the training to become a Conservation Diver trainer, don’t hesitate to get in touch at email@example.com