Donate to the ocean’s protection by supporting an endeavor designed to increase the awareness and the ability for local youth to join our efforts through the Reef Scouts Program. Through this program, we identify local kids who are interested and enthusiastic about the ocean, and have strong leadership skills. Those who are selected are given a scholarship to learn how to dive (both the Open Water and Advanced certifications,) then spend a minimum of 4 weeks taking conservation courses taught by our certified instructors. Students completing the Conservation Diver curriculum will then be encouraged to join the team regularly on scientific surveys and reef restoration activities. The goals of this program are:
- Educate and raise the awareness of the local community about coral reefs
- Build stakeholder capacity to properly manage marine resources
- Provide the knowledge and skills necessary for the local protection of coral reefs and other marine resources
- Provide local youth with opportunities for careers involving coral reef ecology and sustainability
- Over time, provide a reduction in localized threats to reef health
This program will be ongoing in the countries where we operate (currently Thailand, Nicaragua, and Costa Rica) putting as many students through the program as we can.
If you would like to support this program or receive more information on it please email us at email@example.com (we are a registered 501 (c)(3)) for bank deposit information.
Conservation Diver is a registered non-profit in the United States under IRS tax code 501(c)(3). If you need more information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org