The 2018 round of fellowships is now open for coral reef research at the Australian Museum’s Lizard Island Research Station. All fellowships provide funding for field expenses only; salary is not provided.
Thanks to the support of the Lizard Island Reef Research Foundation and its donors, the following are available:
- Fellowships for PhD students for field work over one, two or three years plus the opportunity to be awarded funding in the second or third year to present at an international conference.
- Preliminary applications close on 8 September 2017.
- Applicants must be enrolled or officially accepted into a PhD program at any university at the time of application.
- Fellowships for early-career postdoctoral researchers over one or two years.
- Applications close on 6 October 2017.
- Applicants must have obtained a PhD within the past five years or provide evidence of a similar level of postdoctoral research experience.